Monday 6 January 2014

Russia vs New Zealand

Russia and New Zealand - beautiful countries having really different lifestyles, traditions, mentality. and situated really far from each other.
For me was really surprising find ice skating rinks here in Auckland and even know that here some adult skaters what love this sport so much like me and even more :)
What the difference I find:
1.ice rinks - not much in Auckland and a lot in Saint-Petersburg. similar price for public sessions. a lot of people on ice at weekends and public holidays (the same in Russia) but really empty ice during the day - its impossible in Russia.
And really bad thing here - a lot children with frames - crazy and impossible learn to skate. no in Russia (lucky).
2. adult skating -
in Russia its now really popular go to group for learn skating - a lot people on ice. almost no space. hardly trying do elements. nor enough coach attention.
New Zealand - adult ice skating as I see only start grow. here some coffee-groups and mostly individual trainings with coaches.
3. mentality - New Zealand - more skating for fun - more relax and enjoyable way.
Russia - different mentality - work for results. discipline. go on ice even if you sick or almost death :) and doesn't matter how you tired - skate, jump. if you full down - fast get up, and continue skating - doesn't matter how you heart yourself.
So for me really surprising was to see training where people a little bit skating and then go drink cup of coffee and relax talking :)
4. training. in Russia usually 30-45 min warm up on the floor before ice with stretching, jumping, doing all elements on the floor first and then 45-1 hour skating (depends from schools).
usually training 1-2-3 times per week. and additional for better results visit public sessions 1-3 times per week (depends from wishes and ability).
Individual training possible only for rich people or at time when you doing program for competitions.
Mostly practicing in groups (where not much space). But you have ability see how practicing another people, try get how to do elements what you cant do, and improve yourself follow others :)
In New Zealand groups usually coffee-groups with more relax way training and for enjoy. No warm-up on the floor, only at start on the ice a little bit.
And adults who want more results take individual training with coach (because its expensive usually its 30 min.)

Common thing - main thing that everywhere around the world you can find people with passion to ice skating - hard job learning elements, go on ice at any conditions, make their dreams true, and enjoy this hobby, sport (for somebody its hole life!!!).
And sometimes hard to see anything around. only ice, skating and dreams...



P.S.
im not so sure what other difference in adult figure skating between Russia and New Zealand because I don't have much experience here. In Russia I was skating nearly 4 years (with all breaks close to 5). In New Zealand I been skating a little bit (2 month) in second trimester of pregnancy in coffee group - much fun, easy steps for me. enough for enjoy and safety skating (for baby).
After first baby born I was back on ice just for few months (started training with Russian coach L) and know news about my second pregnancy - unexpected (I already had a lot plans for moving more into ice skating). so then - big holidays for me (don't had ability go on ice even at second trimester - my mother in law stop helping with baby - go back to work).
And then (surprizing - first thing after baby born - big wish go back on ice - I even contact with message to my coach from hospital room - with news about baby girl and information that I really want go back on ice when she will be a little bit bigger. crazy person!!! :)
and now my baby 5 month and I ready go back on ice.
let you know later how will be my training.
I don't want straight jump into it. just slowly remember all elements - step by step. and for start - 15 min training (sounds like not enough? enough for me at this point with not strong body and a lot additional weight! (that's a problem. so need be really fit and be in good shape for nice elements.
but at this moment I like elephant on ice :))
(scary to say + 14 kg from my weight before babies. after first one it was + 7 kg.
hopefully its goes down soon!

but enough talk about weight and problems. ice waiting me!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment