Monday 6 January 2014

Back to ice

Today very exciting day for me - back to my ice skating practice.
After big break. it was much more big then I think at first time - instead one baby, its became two. and now im busy mum.
My lovely son 20 month and my baby girl turn 5 month.
I think its good time go back on ice (after 2 years break) :)

About me - My name Olga. originally im from Russia, beautiful city Saint-Petersburg. I was doing ice skating nearly 2 years on small peace of ice (for little kids) with my first coach O in group of the same crazy adults and few kids). we did training 2-3 times per week. it was hard job (especially 30 min training on the floor before ice) and a lot fun. we became real friends who live with the same passion.
(it was dream from childhood - do ice skating when I been on open ice and seen how other kids practicing with coach some elements. for me its looks almost impossible.
In Russia if you not start at 4 you lost a moment for do it ever. And I was 6 at this moment - so lost forever :) Now really funny think about this - how all changes.
When I was middle 20-th my colleague said that she doing ice skating training with group of adults. I been really surprised. I have no idea that its really possible, that your dreams can became true.
From childhood I been watching all figure skating championships (it was my favourite sport!).
so I come to the ice. and then after two years realise that I want more - not just skating but took part at adult competitions.
I changed my coach - move to group with bigger ice (almost normal size - this ice rink was in shopping center and sometimes there been really hot - on the ice was a lot of water or really cold - at winter. but it was nothing. the most important thing - skating!!!
with new coach V I start better improving and only at this moment feel that I doing progress and to me comes more elements what I cant do at previous group. there I feel that I stop on one place and cant do anything good.
so that's come time for skating, competitions and fun. In Russia at this time was a lot adults who took part at competitions (I remember at Bronze category been nearly 15 participants and I come 2. I cant believe it. so happy. but actually result was no so important for me. The main thing - did program good, enjoy it, and do everything with music (not opposite :). And I really love be at this atmosphere, talk with other adult skaters, know how they learning elements, see there relationships with coaches. support each other. that's great feelings!
Than I was happy enough to find ability go to my first international competition to France in Dunquerk 2010. it was the best memories in my life. we did 2 program with my coach - free skating and artistic. I decided that no reason why I cant do it - more chances be on the ice, perform and have more fun. I been 2 in free skating Bronze and 5 in Artistic (bronze with silver category). nice enough and bring cup to home :)
cant describe how cool it was. its great memories. and then I went to Tallinn (Estonia) to another competitions 2011.
and then I feel really tired and even finish skating for few months. lost motivation (broke up with boyfriend). and start doing photography courses.
I decide go back on ice, practice one month and took part in competitions what feels like my last competitions. finished not too bad, even took 2 place but was not so happy how I done my program.
And then .... European holidays (Paris, Venice, Rome, Brussels, Milano, Florence...) and meeting My Man - inlove, happy, harmony.
Move to New Zealand, where he originally from. 2012 - born William Ivan and 2013 born Anna-Bella. Great goals in my life.
(feeding, changing nappies, playing, have fun with kids, but feel really tired and under stress all the time.)
So Sunday contact my coach (lucky - Russian coach in New Zealand)and now sitting excited - waiting first training. really hope everything goes fine and I not will looks terrible on ice (did few public sessions during holidays) so hope a little bit better skating but really far from my last level before babies :)
So list what I can did before my break (4 years hard job):

toeloop
loop
flip
lutz
salhow (badly - cant get this jump at all :)

upright spin
sit spin
start learn camel and back spin upright

did some steps and spirals

So my goal in New 2014 year:
repair my elements - do better steps, jumps and spins (that's not my best side :)
hopefully be in good form for took part in some school competitions - just for fun and faster progress and of course made a program.

Will see how its gonna work (with few kids and husband at home, not much abilities to go skating and just 15 min training per week just for start :)
But I not lost my hope. Sure "everything gonna be all right"! (song in the head :)

No comments:

Post a Comment