Wednesday 8 January 2014

Jumps

Just start thinking about jumps. what factors needs to make them good and stable.

Really often at first training after break coach not allow you doing jumps and more concentrate on steps, skating. why?
I think because your body not ready yet for this and really high risk get some injury (but of course its never stops adult sportsmen, we really want try all elements and check how its goes for be sure that we not forget anything :)
1.So I guess first factor for good jumps - good skating skills.
That's why need a lot work at your steps. and skate and skating and skate. A lot work with simple steps even.

2. another factor I think - be fit, in good shape. if you lighter, its easier to jump and do it high. so need say good buy to a lot of sweets and bad not healthy food (funny enough - when I start training I stop wanting anything what not allow to eat :)
actually I see practice when real sportsmen before competitions trying drop their weight down. and its helps them with jumps.

3. and work on the floor. that connecting with previous factor :) need do good job on the floor (just at home or in gym) for make all your body strong enough for skating (main I think - legs, arms, and back. hmmm...that actually all body :)

4. of course don't forget about right technique. Sometimes need change just few details (like arm positions or do long skating back before jump, or wait a little bit, or stop yourself with shoulders, or keep back straight, or good work with hands - and everything became possible :)
maybe I forget something else....

ahhh yeap - last for me factor -
5. head or psychology - clear your head before jump and not think about anything (especially about you hands or legs - its can destroy everything!!! that's true :) better think before and even use visualising jump (how you move into it, how jump, how work all your body and how you landing...)

Why I wright all this words? Just because I check my jumps after break. Said that they terrible - nothing say.
What the problems - bad preparing, move into jump, not enough power for do it high, even sometime not enough turn, bad work with shoulders and hands (I even forget about move my hands with turn body), bad landing, drop back forward and other small mistakes.
So I can see - at this moment I not ready for good quality jumps.
What my plans - work at skating, do a lot of steps and improve it. Trying move back in good shape and do some exercise at home (for press, legs, back), do some jumps on the floor - at first just jump on one place doing turn with landing on two legs (with good hands work and shoulders), then with landing on one leg. And then copy all jumps on the floor (with attentions to details - and good landing). And stretching.
Its can be good go to gym. But I cant at this point. So only hope for my responsibility and good time management with kids at home. Funny - sometimes I doing some exercise when my baby laying on the mat with toys (in front of her). So I show to her how need hard work with your body (maybe she will be inspired for doing turn from back to tummy and back :) hopefully :)) But at this moment she just look unhappy and screaming. Lazy girl!!!

So hope everything step by step goes in good direction and all come back. I think another factor - time!!!

P.S.
At this moment after practice some jumps at public session better looks my flip and loop, toe ok, but I think my technique not so good, and salhow really bad - never can get this jump. And I not tried lutz. Don't feel me ready for this jump yet. and its almost impossible to do with kids with metals frames around (really scary move backwards :)

No comments:

Post a Comment