Tuesday 7 January 2014

First Step - first training.

That was important moment for me - go back to ice, start training with coach. I waiting this day long time. Imaging all variants - from been great on the ice and easily remember all elements (like riding bike) to terrible skating with a lot mistakes, fall down and other not pleasure things.
How it was in reality?
Not too bad :) I not been princess on the ice, but at the same moment not elephant either.
It was really exciting feeling - driving to ice rink (by the way its 50 min for me), waiting first step to the ice.
Reality was - I come to the ice and been feel first moment uncomfortable and strange (especially when around been double jumps, axels, beautiful spins and...me, trying do some simple steps and recover some skating skills. Funny and shy.
But its gave me opportunity trying do everything as better as I can at this moment, a little bit plus speed in skating, for not looks to terrible :) You can say - who bother about some adult skater, everybody concentrate on own elements, jumps...just no need be on their way. Yes it was pretty hard - move far from their trajectory for jumps.
And actually skating  with so experienced skaters around maybe the same bad like at public sessions with not experienced kids with frames. It only because I don't have enough confident in skating at this moment and cant skate properly backwards ( I guess if I had more practice for me it was easier, I hope).
So I a little bit practice on ice before training and at moment when I lost my directions (what else to do, what steps repeat) my coach call me for start.
First element - double 3turns. its seems easy to do. I start with big energy and some speed, feels good. but its wrong feeling!!! Coach L stop me straight and show that actually my hands position totally wrong. I even never think about hands, just automatically doing turns, but of course its really important - change hands with each turn, and when I turning back - need keep leg behind. and with turn forward move free leg in front (before I did free leg close to other leg all the time).
I cant get it. Especially when I try think about hands I forget about legs and nothing can do with this.
I think another moment - I before had different technic and each coach give you different variant - how to do elements, so if you move from one to another you need be really ready for hard work with changing all elements. But at the end its give you good result (from each coach you can take the best and even if at start its looks like you stop progress then its goes incredibly fast).
So I little practice new variant with hands and legs and then coach said me move to next step (after she see that I at least understand what need to do with my body:)
Other steps was not to bad. Coach just keep asking me move head back, and look above shoulder when I move back. I keep forgetting doing it proper (my head move in all direction instead keep watch in one side :)
And my steps feels not so good and nice skating. It was not long skate but short step :)
Then coach L ask me show my upright spin (oh-oh....I start be shaky because remember how my spin been bad at public sessions).
I tried and its even feels worth - not proper steps before, not long enough move into it, not keep position before close hands (I been really hurry - its big mistake). As result - no central position, not enough resolutions (maybe only one or two). so as I expect it was no good at all. but good reason for more practice :)
So it was my 15 min fame :) anyway positive - feel tired, pain in all body, feel all muscles - its really good feeling (move me back in memories about my skating before).
I see now how much job need be done. And I want it.
In my dreams about go back on ice was a lot exciting feelings, I imaging all this moments. And reality became even more excited because now its real - I did first step, I start my training (I hope my big way in ice skating).
Need just stay positive-positive-positive :) and be ready work!


P.S.
Go back on ice its not like riding bike - its need at least few lessons for remember some elements and get back this feeling of ice

Good luck everybody who trying go back in ice after some holidays and breaks! Im sure everything will be fine :)

No comments:

Post a Comment