Monday 24 February 2014

Thursday training

Im again writing post far after training. Always not much time during weekdays and weekends :)

Now maybe a little bit hard to remember what steps was at training.
Main success of the day - we move a little forward with coach and start work with sit spin. Never think that I will be so happy training sit spin again :)
But for me really important do not only steps but some other element what can show that I improve my skating.

So at training I did:
crossovers, 4-3-2-1 and 1-2-3-4 change forward to back move with Mohawk, with put hands up with changing foot.
step with toe around. don't remember start (I still not good with clear understanding and memorizing). main thing what I remember about this step -  that need do push like with back crossover, hold left hand in front and then move back on your toes around (one-two-three), cross, step forward, 3turn inside (+something else and then again move on toes) - something like this...
all this steps combinations I need wright straight after training otherwise its just impossible remember for me...

then forward upright spin. I show coach few times. it was not great but she was ok with it. just made comment about free hand and leg - hold behind while move to spin entrance.

and lucky moment - sit spin!!! step forward :)
I show coach L in what conditions my sit spin and received few comments:
- hold left hand infront of you
- try move body forward hand
- keep free hand and leg behind at entrance and than move together to left hand (and move body forward)
- sit lower - for this need not put legs too close to each other, leave some gap or will be just impossible to sit
- not move right leg across left (that's my mistake), try hold right leg turn toes to the right side
- what else? did I already tell about sit lower. yes I can repeat it- that's main point for me!!!

so need have right technique and strong legs what can hold your body. otherwise you will be often laying on the ice (like me!). but its not scary, so close distance to ice :)

I tried this spin few times but its looks not much impressive, hard get exactly all elements together. Only after training when I was practicing few more times I can manage to do one good enough spin. and finish at positive point :)

Funny that after all my worries and negative thinking, I just let situation go, relax, and finally get good training and positive emotions on ice. Good start (I hope :)

P.S.
Sit spin counting judges at competitions only if your free foot lower that your knee - otherwise its will be recognise like upright spin. So need be careful with choosing spins in program - safer do sit spin and not upright but change foot spin or combination or something else... of course if you can. :) at my point right now I can hardly do only upright and sit spin, but will see later :)

Even not dream about doing jumps on training...interesting how far I from this point? only my coach knows :)
But its not so matter. Just enjoying ice!

And last weekend was our 2 years anniversary marriage (2 years - 2 babies) - feels like 5 years truly :)

No comments:

Post a Comment