Saturday 8 February 2014

Thursday training

Usually I have Thursday ice skating training. But this time because of Waitangi day its gonna be at Friday. not a problem!
I drop one kid at kindy, another at friend (hoping she still feel ok with look after my 6-month old baby). No traffic at all - move through motorway like knife through butter! And been at ice rink at 9.20 (training time 10.00).
Great! 40 min for warm-up and be ready for action :) That's how I think, but reality more cruel: at ice rink hockey training meet me. HOCKEY!!!! no chance for skating and warm-up at all!
That's disappointing, especially because straight after skating I need fast drive to pick up my toddler from pre-school (he there only at 4 morning hours, and over 2 hours for me - its just driving, and 30 min skating in between).
But its life - enjoy the moment. Each of them just wonderful! Need use any ability.
So at this waiting time I did some exercise-stretching at car park near my car. Maybe looks funny, but who bother :) Anyway not much people around.
Then at ice rink I meet few adults skaters - interesting to talk and see people who live with the same passion and ready spend at ice all free time. At this moment I realised that my time what I spend at ice really NOTHING! Just one or two time per week, when others go there every day. And of course if you more time on ice your progress go really fast and skating skills improve better.
(I remember how I was skating in Russia 2 times per week training and 1-2 times additional go to public sessions, and even this was not enough, before competitions I was skating almost every day)
Its make me feel a little bit sad and even think that I never go back to what I had before (my skating skills and elements) or it will need much longer time (not half year how I think before but maybe 1-2 years. sad thinking.
but I still not lost hope. Just start thinking - is it worth it, if I cant get what I want. But then remember how good I feel on the ice and after training and even this feeling worth it. Just pity that its cant be more often...
So - TRAINING:
Steps
crossovers forward and back (don't forget move hands! I again tried fix them :)
3turns forward - outside and inside. just need control body, move on half circle, and skate longer and deeper
another step with Mohawk. not too bad.
and at the end 3step with double 3turn back outside. cant say anything good or bad - need just practice :)
Good point - at least I understand how to do this steps - not work out for long time like before. so its already progress! :)
and another positive point - feel that I can skate on edge longer and it give you nice flow feeling. Can be great if I always can feel it.

At the end of training we try my terrible upright spin. It was not good and coach explain to me some points what sounds really clever.
so what I knew about upright spin, what make it work.
first trick - move into spin like you move around the tree (and when you start spinning you actually hug this tree - really nice hug! just joking :)
another example - like open door (how another coach said me. but imagine tree work for me better then door :)
try first be in open position and then slowly move hands to each other (far from body in front) and free leg cross another near the knee.
try stretch all body up - move chest up, shoulders down!, hands slowly together close to body and free leg slowly move down from knee along another leg. that's made good spinning moment and good central position.
my bad point - that I not spinning in one point but move really far from centre.
So need work at this point.
I carefully listen all coach explanations, tried few times and I did it!!! I have no idea how but I feel really good spinning, and on ice I can see central position (circle marks).
So good, I hope I could repeat it again.
Want go and practice this tricks again and again for good result.

Maybe its sounds funny that I doing just upright spin and have problem with it after almost 5 years skating. But I never been good at spins and never understand how actually do it correct way.
(just fast tried move into it, anyway fix position and did few rotations, and fast exit. never feel that I can spinning long time or over 5 rotations-turns).
So now feel really exciting when knew some details and open for me this spin again :) hope we will be good friends!
And I guess - upright spin - key to al other spins (not exactly of course but at least I will get entrance :)

Cant wait next time on ice!

No comments:

Post a Comment