Wednesday 19 March 2014

Thursday training

New week - new training.
Its come unexpected because I all week been organise staff to spare room (furniture, decoration) - my cousin today coming from Russia to visit me and see New Zealand (he 10 years younger and we seen each other only few times in my life because he lived at another city, where I was born - Krasnoyarsk. later I moved with my mum to great city Saint-Petersburg. memories :)
Another thing - I just yesterday visited one job interview. Nothing exciting - just weekend and late hours retail job. I guess anyway good start from blank page in New Zealand (its not so easy find first job without NZ education and experience and doesn't matter what my background - PhD, administration work at university, lecture, geography teacher, and some retail experience at student years :)
So mentally I not been totally ready for skating and feel tired after not sleeping night with kids (one wake up at 12, another at 2am, first one want been feed at 3 am and then nearly 5.30 they both awake. Happy mummy! They don't want miss any sunlight and all exciting around. Poor me! :)
But just before training I was concentrated, did some off-ice warm-up at car park (while baby was sleep and I have some time before skating). Than worm up at ice and training.

Training:
1. Cross overs (circle). 5-4-3-2-1-2-3-4-5 forward to back with Mohawk change legs. First in one side, then opposite move on circle.
2. Lie step (I gave description before).
3. Cross roll, cross roll, double outside 3turn and continue again with other foot.
4. Czech step. (on this step after half way through I became really tired and first time ever feel that I cant move legs or all body. Coach seen it, said something and made me move faster :)
5. Spirals. First time after break I did spirals and it was really unexpected! Especially way how to do it - not in circle how I use to do it but straight line with moving on half circle. Without any cross overs just good push on each leg - forward and back outside spirals both legs and then inside spirals (it was much harder and I cant get pushing step (on back spirals - with leave leg forward on push and then lift it behind)
6. Sit spin. Tried improved but not so successful. Main thing - entrance. Sometimes I hurry.
7. Loop!!! Ta-Dam! tried it again after my big break with baby born. Not bad. But coach said that I jumping it only with my power but not with good technique. And sometimes - I don't know why I doing it from two legs, not quit sitting on right foot before jump. and need all body work (make spinning top part and then jumping). Not great attempts but good for practice.
That's all!
I walk away from ice rink tired with really red face - sign of good training :)

P.S.
our new guest room.  Welcome! 

2 comments:

  1. Loops are done from two feet - you just put more weight on the back leg. So you're doing them right! =) Hope you get some rest soon!

    ReplyDelete